The Vision of the Energy Human Capital Development and Knowledge Generation Programme (E-HCD&KG) is to facilitate a broad-based national programme that will deliver on capacity building and research and development initiatives for and in partnership with the energy sector in South Africa.
The Energy Post-Graduate Conference 2013 (EPC 2013) is the flaghip developmental initiative of the E-HCD&KG and is held bi-annually of which EPC 2013 is the third such event and early indications are that this will be the biggest one thusfar for a number of reasons:
- The EPC 2013 will draw together a vast cross-section of organisations active in and affected by the energy sector and which is representative of government, academia and the research community. These include key decision-maker and policy drivers.
- EPC 2013 will highlight key and critical issues affecting research and human capital imperatives for the energy sector.
- EPC 2013 will host the largest number of post-graduate students sponsored by the E-HCD&KG thus far.
- The EPC 2013 will incorporate a number of Spotlight Events which will include the Welcome & Opening, Launch of New E-HCD&KG Brand, as well as the Awards Evening & Gala Dinner.
- EPC 2013 will host the launch of the new brand of the E-HCD&KG at the opening on Sunday, 11 August 2013.
- The Gala Dinner on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 will incorporate an Awards Evening which will:
- Acknowledge Academic Excellence amongst the sponsored students
- Reward the Presentation and Poster Competition Winners
- Recognise the contribution of key individuals and organisations to the success of the E-HCD&KG
- The Spotlight Events of EPC 2013 will be hosted by a prominent figure in government within the energy sector.
- EPC 2013 will share key impact achievements of the programme over the past eight years.
- The EPC 2013 will create opportunities for media briefings and interviews of individuals/organisations active in the energy sector.
If you are a representative of the media, don’t miss this opportunity to capture content on the research and human capital issues critical to the success of the energy sector. For Media Registration, please contact the Events Administrator at the contact details supplied:
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Ms Naomi Haasbroek
P O Box 722
7129 SOUTH AFRICA
Conference Enquiries (NRF):
Ms.Tsibiso Mohlomi Mongale
Programme Development Officer:
Applied Research, Innovation and Collaboration
National Research Foundation
Tel: +27 (0) 12 481 4315
Cell: +27 (0) 72 074 9878